As an American man married to a Russian woman, I run into this every day - especially at work. The myriad of reactions from women is great. AWs can not deal with it. I have some great conversations. "Why? How? I don't understand?"
I'm senior enough where they can't say the normal "you can't deal with a strong woman" lines, but I get it in other ways. What I love is the average american woman can not begin to approach the real strength of a Russian/Ukranian woman.
There are now five of us married to Russian or Ukrainian women where I work - all good men in happy marriages.
40+ ameriwomen divorced or single just can't understand why no one wants them. Amazing.
This one woman was telling me her woes about not being able to find someone. I said if a woman (regardless of looks) would cook dinner, clean the house, and not nag she would have suitors lining up outside her door. She said in huffy tone, women don't do that anymore, that is the old days. I replied, "good luck in the world you created". This was NOT a conversation at work, as I am sure I would have been hit with a formal complaint. At work, I say nothing. I let the picture of my wife in my office speak for itself.
Ah, one last thing - I love when they ask "where does she work" - "she doesn't she takes care of the house and child". "How can you afford it" "Easy really, she is great with money". By then they are out of their minds.
No comments:
Post a Comment